“We are energized to share the new Conformance Profiles attribute, responsive to neighborhood pull for a way to make the UEFI Forum’s perform beneficial,” mentioned Mark Doran, UEFI Forum President. “The Conformance Profiles feature will expand the platform types UEFI can aid to an ever wider assortment of platform varieties like IoT, embedded and automotive areas – further than standard purpose computer systems.”
UEFI 2.10 Specification Highlights:
- Introducing UEFI Conformance Profiles, allowing for assist for much more varieties of platforms and implementation codebases
- Crypto agility including SHA-384/SHA-512 signing scheme for Authenticated Variables aid
- Rising LoongArch and RISC-V processor architecture assistance
- Increase confidential computing extension
ACPI 6.5 Specification Highlights:
- CXL Memory guidance
- LoongArch processor architecture guidance
- Private Computing event log help
- USB-C USB4 help
The ACPI 6.5 specification update is made up of the most variations ever produced working with the “Code First” method of the UEFI Discussion board. This course of action acknowledges the precious insights and contributions of open up-source communities to the progress of the requirements preserved by the UEFI Discussion board and enables non-members a path to lead to the requirements.
To master extra, obtain the UEFI 2.10 specification and the ACPI 6.5 specification on the UEFI Forum Specification webpage. The UEFI Specification 2.9 Errata A and ACPI Specification 6.4 Errata A are also out there on the specs webpage.
Examine the white paper UEFI Conformance Profiles: Making it possible for “Minimized Model” Implementations to master extra about the new Conformance Profiles characteristic.