What you need to have to know
- Microsoft Edge version 104 just rolled out to common end users.
- The up-to-date browser now lets you migrate Chrome information to Edge by logging in to a Google account.
- Edge 104 also adds a new default protection setting when checking out much less considered web pages.
Microsoft Edge has an update obtainable that brings the browser to model 104. The adjustments are rather small but should really make it simpler to shift about from Google Chrome. Microsoft Edge’s Initially Operate Working experience now allows end users to migrate Chrome information in excess of by logging in to a Google account. With the new characteristic, men and women can carry in excess of their Chrome details with out possessing Google Chrome installed on their process.
Edge 104 also has a new default stability possibility. Next the update, the browser will utilize an added layer of protection when viewing significantly less visited websites. “With enhanced safety mode, Microsoft Edge will help minimize the danger of an attack by quickly applying much more conservative security options on unfamiliar sites and adapts above time as you go on to browse,” describes a Microsoft assist doc (opens in new tab). Edge will now default to Standard for the “Improve your stability on the world wide web” setting.
In this article are the new functions in Edge version 104, as outlined in its adjust log:
- Greatly enhance your security on the net. Advancements to Increase your stability on the net in edge://settings/privateness now include Standard as the new default selection. With this alternative, Microsoft Edge will implement extra security protection to the fewer visited web sites. This function preserves the user working experience for the most preferred sites on the world wide web. For extra information and facts, see Browse much more safely with Microsoft Edge (opens in new tab).
- Import Chrome information without having Chrome all through Very first Operate Knowledge. This attribute lets a person convey in their Chrome data by logging in to their Google account throughout Microsoft Edge’s Initially Operate Knowledge. This element can be turned off by disabling Initial Operate Practical experience with the HideFirstRunExperience (opens in new tab) policy, or by setting AutoImportAtFirstRun (opens in new tab) to ‘DisabledAutoImport’.
A independent aid doc (opens in new tab) breaks down all of the new insurance policies in Edge 104.