Eric Zeman / Android Authority
- Samsung’s Galaxy Tab S8 will be the first of its tablets to get the Android 12L-centered 1 UI 4.1.1 update.
- The update will be out there for Europe and South Korea.
- The update provides a assortment of advancements like much better multitasking and faster navigation.
Samsung’s Android 12L-primarily based A person UI 4.1.1 — which provides optimizations and features for huge screens — is coming to the Galaxy Tab S8, S8 As well as, and S8 Ultra.
One UI 4.1.1 produced its very first look with the a short while ago launched Galaxy Z Fold 4, now the update is headed to the Galaxy Tab S8 sequence with three distinct firmware versions. The Galaxy Tab S8 will obtain firmware version X70xBXXU2AVH2, while the S8 In addition receives X80xBXXU2AVH5, and the S8 Ultra will acquire variation X90xBXXU2AVH2.
In addition to applying August’s safety patch, this update will be providing a wide range of advancements. According to SamMobile, the update will bring the exact taskbar attribute uncovered in the Fold 4 to the S8, presenting more quickly navigation among apps and enhancing multitasking.
A number of other noteworthy features contain:
- The addition of a new two-finger gesture that will allow for you to change among full-screen and break up-display screen views.
- Getting the means to extract textual content from images and share it with apps or translate it into diverse languages (Chinese, French, German, Italian, Korean, Portuguese, and Spanish).
- Connect with backgrounds can now be customized independently for every contact you have.
- A new attribute in the My Data files application that makes it possible for you to look for for information and facts inside data files.
- Samsung Online browser now permits you to rearrange your favourite web pages by dragging and dropping the icon for all those web pages.
- Also in the Samsung Net browser, you can type bookmarks concerning folders.
- Buyers will be in a position to edit their collection of wallpapers for their lock screen.
Even though this is enjoyable news, the update won’t be readily available for everyone. Sadly, it appears One particular UI 4.1.1 will only make its way to end users in Europe and South Korea. There is no word on when or if the update will appear to S8 tablets in the United States.
In our review of the Galaxy Tab S8, we felt the unit was a able pill that sent on multiple fronts which includes style, overall performance, and adaptability. Anything the S8 delivers would only be increased with this new update, so ideally, Samsung will convey to 1 UI 4.1.1 to other areas soon.