- World of Warships is a free-to-play MMO with a naval warfare theme. It is produced by Wargaming, the same company behind World of Tanks and World of Warplanes.
- The game gained a lot of popularity, so sometimes users can’t connect to the servers. If the servers aren’t full, you should check your firewall, register your DNS, or repair/reinstall the game.
- To troubleshoot other issues related to this awesome and popular title, check out our site and find the solution for the problem you need fixing.
World of Warships has its own dedicated fan-base, with forums dedicated to the game, but some users have reported Error connecting server message. In today’s article we’ll show you how to fix this problem once and for all.
How to fix Error connecting server message in World of Warships? First off, ensure that the game isn’t blocked by your firewall or antivirus. If everything is in order, verify the game‘s cache in Steam. In case the problem is still there, you might have to reinstall the game to fix the problem.
How do you change servers in World of Warships?
Know that you can always change the region on the log-in screen. So, once you have logged out of your account, simply click the little arrow in the top left corner.
Next, just click on the currently selected region, which will then give you the option to switch from one server to another.
Creators have also recently offered India-based players on the Asia server an opportunity to transfer to the EU server, making the game even more diverse.
How can I fix World of Warships Error connecting server message?
- Reinstall your game
- Steam client fix
- Firewall fix
- Try another game server alternative
- Register your DNS
- Update or reinstall your network drivers
1. Reinstall your game
When the problem persists, the best solution is to simply uninstall and reinstall your game.
To uninstall World of Warships:
- Press Win + I to access Settings.
- Select the Apps category, then Installed Apps.
- Locate World of Warships, click on the three dots next to it and select Uninstall.
Now you just have to download the game again, and the issue should be resolved.
2. Steam client fix
- Launch Steam.
- From your Library section, right-click on the game and select Properties from the menu.
- Select the Local files tab and click Verify integrity of game files.
- Steam will now verify your game‘s files.
- Once it’s done launch World of Warships
In case you’re using the Steam client to access your game, this error might be related to corrupted files in your Steam library. In order to do the check-up, follow the above steps.
3. Firewall fix
- Open your Start Menu.
- Now select Control Panel.
- Then click on Windows Defender Firewall.
- Now, click on Allow an app or feature through Windows Firewall.
- Click on the Change Settings.
- Check the boxes next to the applications you want to allow to access the Internet.
- Click OK to save your new settings.
Error connecting server message can appear due to problems with your firewall. To fix it, add World of Warships to the list of exceptions.
4. Try another game server alternative
If World of Warships does not connect with the server maybe you want to try another game server alternative that can help you provide the best game experience.
We suggest you try Host Havoc a high-performance server with excellent 24/7 technical support that helps you fix the issues easily and fast.
Host Havoc has a custom control panel that is very easy to use in order to change maps and install further modifications to your server.
Here are some of its main features:
- 24/7 Customer Support
- Daily Backups Available
- Complete Control of Your Server
- Full FTP Access
- Instant Server Setup
- Easy Configuration
- Switch Games Any Time
- Steam Workshop Availability
- Free DDoS Protection
With a powerful control suite and unique features and installers, this server hosting is quite simple to use for both novice and advanced users.
High-performance hosting services with DDoS protected networks and 24/7 support.
5. Register your DNS
- Type cmd in your Start Menu, in order to open Command Prompt.
- Type this command and then press Enter:
- After the operation has been completed, type in exit in Command Prompt, and then restart your machine.
This is a simple solution, aimed to solve your network-related issues including Error connecting server messages.
6. Update or reinstall your network drivers
- In the search box on the taskbar, select Device Manager.
- Select a category to see the names of devices, then right-click on the one you’d like to update.
- Select Update Driver.
- Now click on Search automatically for updated driver software.
- Once it’s done updating, you’re all set.
If all else failed and you’re still getting Error connecting the server in World of Warships, you can try updating/reinstalling your network drivers.
To reinstall your network drivers, follow these steps:
- Open the Device Manager.
- Right-click on the name of the device, and select Uninstall.
- Now restart your machine.
- Windows will attempt to reinstall the driver at start-up.
This guide will help with issues such as World of Warships can’t connect to server, Code 1021 World of Warships, or Wargaming unable to connect to the content service.
It is also helpful in situations like World of Warships code 526, and other types of World of Warships connection issues.
Not only PC players have trouble playing this game, as World of Warships Legends error connecting to server on PS4, and World of Warships legends error connecting to server on Xbox One have also been reported.
That being said, the most common error code you could get for this title is World of Warships error connecting server update client. But now you know how to deal with it, so it’s already looking better.
We hope that you managed to fix Error connecting server error by using our solutions. If you found our solutions helpful, let us know in the comments section below.
Frequently Asked Questions
Start a conversation